HOPE (Health Oriented Preventive Education) is a NGO based in Karachi, Pakistan, comprising of professionals (Doctors, Social workers, Educationists) as well as grass-root workers. The organization operates on a motto of self sufficiency and sustainability.
The ultimate aim of HOPE is Community Development through self-sufficiency. The members of HOPE are working along with community volunteers who are organized in Community Based Organizations (CBO’S). All activities in the community are planned in co-ordination with the CBO’S and implemented in the community through the CBO’S. Hence, the community becomes SELF- SUFFICIENT and the community development work is SUSTAINABLE.
HOPE is presently addressing the following issues in the community.
- Community development and organization into CBO’S.
- Community motivation.
- Provision of primary health care services.
- Awareness raising in community through literacy programs.
- Income-generation activities.
- Environmental sanitation.
- Promotion of hygienic health practices.
For more information, please log on to http://www.hope-ngo.com